Monday, October 11, 2010

Temporary Blogging Hiatus

The time is right at this time to go on a little "vacation", so to speak, from blogging.

The Achilles injury persists, but I've made some decisions on actions to take and habits to adopt, all the while, I also feel like during this time, I'm going to keep things a little low-profile.

The goal, however, remains the same. I hit a low point last week where I contemplated hanging up the running shoes altogether. It's been a rough time, in the area of running, lately. However, despite the pit I seemed to fall into a week ago, light has shown itself at the end of the tunnel.

Have chatted with a few people on different topics and taken that input and have decided the next course of action. The next 4-weeks will be pretty important.

I may blog a little during the next month, but it won't be necessarily about what I'm doing in any detail, but perhaps will cover running and racing plans going forward, as that is an ever-changing organism right now.

I appreciate my few readers, that yall continue to check-in to see what's happening, and have-no-fear...I will return to blogging. Even more so, I will return to the roads, if all goes well. I try not to say "God-willing", because I once heard a guy say "I don't like it when people say 'God-willing', cause I just tell them 'Yes, God is willing....are you?'" I always liked that mentality. Yep, God is willing. Am I? Guess we'll see.

See yall soon!

3 comments:

  1. Injuries are tough Sam. It is a time to reflect and develop the plan to get back on the road. I have found with injuries comes a new appreciation for training. I hope you're all healed up in 4 weeks and training like Frank Shorter....3 books I read during my injury times were Once a Runner, Again to Carthage(John Parker) and born to run I read a few months ago......give them a read and your motivation will be above par. Pool running works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Sam. You have the talent, strong work ethic, and willingness to sacrifice, all of which are vital ingredients to being a great runner. I think that your work ethic and ability to endure pain may be working at cross purposes to your short term goal of getting healthy. I have no doubt that once you get 100%, you will make a rapid improvement.

    Keep your head up; you have a bunch of people rooting for you.

    John Spiller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. A break is needed both mentally and physically. Here's to hoping you come back fully healthy!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete