Friday, November 18, 2011

Changing Times

So, I know that I haven't been around for a while, and wanted to update the few readers I still have.

I have taken a much needed mental and physical break from running and training. My body and mind had taken enough beating over the last year, and honestly, the break has been good for me. When the time is right, I'll be back out on the roads.

Furthermore, I've been able to focus on two areas that were important and needed the time devoted to them. One was on some school needs for my little one, and she has greatly benefitted, I believe, from the time. We read together and have made some accomplishments. Obviously, more of her time is with her mom, and they have more of the after-school/homework responsibilities, but I believe I've been able to make the most of my time with her with regard to her shooling, and she is reaping the rewards of that.

The other was my love life, where I really feel like I've found something I've been looking for since my divorce. I had given up hope on finding someone that I could see spending my life with, that was good to me, and that felt the same for me as I do for her. I've found that, and over the last few months, it's blossomed.

I do plan to get back on the roads running, and that will be soon...but those plans now come with a peace in my heart about where my life has been and where my life is going.

More to come...Later folks!

And Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. aww I love you babe! :) And I know that the little one and I are enjoying all the extra QT we get now that you aren't running as much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roads miss ya! :o)

    ReplyDelete