Sunday, May 13, 2012

Foiled Again

Well, after getting up at 5:30 and heading out to the race at roughly 6:00, I arrived only to be told that the race was being called due to lightning.  I sorta had a feeling when I woke up that would be the case, but I was up and needed to be prepared for the race to go on.  So, I hopped into the bathroom, put on my Brooks shorts, my Tri On The Run singlet (no I'm not a Tri runner, nor do I run for On The Run), and headed out.  I was nervous, no doubt.  No races in 23 months.  Mentally ready to post a time slower than I have ever done for 10k.  All in all, it was going to be an interesting morning.

But that will have to wait now.  Instead, I did an 10-11 mile run in 1:17 around noon today.  It felt good, although I realized I was not entirely as hydrated as I should have been.  Nothing I could do about it while out there, that's for sure.  But I made it through the run and felt pretty good. 

I had no time to stretch as I needed to get back home to make it to my daughter's dance recital. 

So, it was a good day, for sure, but not getting to put my racing legs on and use them kinda put a slight damper on things.  Fortunately, I live to fight another day.

Later all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment