Thursday, August 16, 2012

Feels so good....

I plodded along today for my first run paced under 7:30 pace in a long time.  Woo hoo.  I got out for 6 miles and ran pretty consistent the whole run...actually, probably actually negative split the run.  Maybe that's not a big deal when it's only 6 miles, but it's still a win here in this guy's mind. :P

I contemplated a couple of extra miles a the end, but thought better of it for various reasons.  Tomorrow may be a different story, though.

Legs felt good, and I just felt awesome moving along out there.  The last 3 miles, if I saw it right on my watch were all around 7:20. 

I must say, the feeling of progress is an awesome feeling.  It's amazing to me how long it felt like I was plodding along with no progress to show for it, getting poked fun at for putting on some weight in my time off, etc.  The weight hasn't really come off that much, honestly, but the fitness is coming back, and it's a great feeling when you get just a little hint of its return...or at least its PENDING return. 

All in all, training is starting to feel better.  Will Chicago still be a rough experience that sees my worst marathon time ever?  That's still highly likely...probable, if I'm honest with myself.  I still harbor some hope, though, that I'll be able to get in good enough shape to make it a good run.  :-)

Later all!

No comments:

Post a Comment