Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2/15/10 Kenyan Way Hill Workout

7 Miles
45:13
Workout - 5x1000m on Cloverleaf
3:23, 3:18, 3:23, 3:23, 3:22
2.1 Miles warmup
1.72 Miles cool down

First workout with actual consistent "hard" efforts since the marathon. Felt good, although it was quite evident that it had been a month since a hard effort at all. There was one run that I had hammered out a 5:15 mile to close out the run, but up to this workout, no consistency. There have been lots of things going on that took priority over training over the last few weeks, but it's been OK. The best part is that I feel like my legs are in a recovered state. Yeah, it felt harder than it should have. Yeah, it was rough, but none of the things that felt like they were bothering me before (hamstring, Achilles) ever made their presences known. Good stuff.

Did my warmup partially with Geoff. Was good, as it was the first time I'd seen and talked with him since inside the GRB @ the marathon. He's training for Boston to run with his dad.

That's it for today. Off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment