Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/22/10 Hill Workout - 11.3 Miles

Lunch time Run
3.87 Miles
31:03
8:01 avg
8:33, 7:57, 7:39

PM - Hill Workout
5xmile repeats on cloverleaf, progressive
Actual
5:18, 5:12, 5:16, 5:07
1.77 Mile Warmup
1.23 mile cool down

Unexpected lunch run, but was joined by a running partner for a mid-day run which turned out to be great for getting a few extra miles in.

For the workout, I didn't expect much from myself today, as I'm ramping back into training mode. After the first 2 mile repeats, during the rest, I told Sean that I would only do 4 miles, not 5, as I was flying through the first 2. He recommended I scale it back a little to 5:20 for # 3 so that I'd have something for #4. So, I did, with a pretty good result. I'm a little disappointed in the 4th one, as I really felt like I attacked it from the start, but could feel my body giving way in the 2nd half of the run. I was moving at 4:35 pace for the final quarter of that run, helped probably cause you finish off a downhill and then it's flat to the end of the mile. Either way, I was hoping for a sub-5 for the last one. I have yet to post a sub-5 on this workout, but I sure hope to by the end of the Spring series. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment