Saturday, June 4, 2011

7/4/11 Kenyan Way Long Run - 16 Miles

16 Miles
1:54:20

Good run. I had been feeling for a couple of days a little shaky on my left calf. There was a feeling like it wanted to cramp up or tighten up, but it never did. Never felt it while running, but felt it Thursday and Friday after running. Not sure what the source of the issue was, but it made me a little nervous about how I'd handle running today. The plan had been to extend my distance by a couple of miles, so I focused on being easy and smooth.

Fortunately, for the start, all functioned ok and I felt very comfortable going for the 7:45 first mile down to 6:35's by about 4 miles in. I held that till about 11 miles, then ran a bit slower when I went off course and headed down 11th St to the Heights 5k. Got to watch the winner finish and watched a few friends finish up as well. Chatted for a bit, then headed out for the last 3 miles of the run.

Finished right around 16 miles, and happy that it came in under 2-hours. It was a good point to be at this point in training. Still a long way from Chicago, and still a long way from prepared. But, as the days move along, I feel really confident in how my body will hold up right now.

Time to get on w/the rest of the day! Later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment