Saturday, July 2, 2011

7/2/11 Kenyan Way Long Run - 18 Miles

I think this might have been a little shorter than 18, so we'll say...

17.5 Miles
2:03:14
1:01:35 - First Half
1:01:39 - Second Half

The route was supposed to encompass a loop of the park and a loop of the bayou, which would have only gotten 12 miles, and required me to run considerable extra miles after. But, with 4th of July festivities coming a couple of days away, a portion of the bayou was close, causing us to have to eliminate the bayou from the route. So, it became running to the Crestwood/Memorial Dr intersection for our water stop, then doing 4 loops of the bayou. With each loop, I ran back to the water stop for refueling. It was a struggle, but to a degree, I think it helped, as I was able to guage distance and how far I had left. I was way happy with how I was able to complete the run compared to last week, for sure. Strong run, and very even. I struggled the last 2 miles, but that's ok...it was hot, hot, hot out and humid. Torturous conditions. But, I feel good for surviving it well...gives a lot of confidence in the way of endurance and toughness...which is important since I don't feel like I have fitness or speed at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment