Saturday, January 14, 2012

Olympic Trials Volunteering and Good Running

Today was the Olympic Trials...yes the same ones I (perhaps) foolishly once believed I'd be running. It was an awesome experience being out there, watching the nation's best, and all the Olympic hopefuls. Watching Ryan, Meb, Abdi, Ritz, Desiree, Shalane, Kara and Deena all go running by multiple times, while I was road-guarding at miles 7, 15 and 23 was just an awesome, awesome experience.

The best part was watching NBC's coverage later and seeing all the places that I've done all my best training. Great event, and great memories from the morning out there.

Following was lunch with a buddy of mine, who is running w/his brother tomorrow at the Half Marathon, and seeing another marathoner who will be running tomorrow. So, after all of that, this evening I went for a run and ran roughly half a mile longer than I have been doing my previous runs....and that only added approximately 30 seconds to my over all time. Needless to say, I ran harder than I needed to, and I'll probably be feeling it tomorrow as well.

I did all of this in my new Nike Free's that I purchased today at Luke's Locker. Great feeling shoes, especially since I'm only running 30 minutes at a time these days. Good time to see if I can get adjusted to them while I'm working my way back into shape.

That's all for now. Time to hit the hay and get ready to go out and cheer on all the half and most of the full marathon folks out there, challenging the course that is the Houston Marathon.

Looking forward to a fun day of marathon watching, football watching and hopefully some computer game playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment