Sunday, January 8, 2012

Step by Out of Shape Step

Wrapped up the weekend with a morning 30 minute run (actually 29:20 over my otherwise 30 minute course), followed by a nice weight workout. And because it has been since I was 18-19 years old since I worked out consistently, it's taking a little bit of time to find my "groove", but I think I'm finding it...the right weights, the right reps, the right exercises...Today felt like an awesome workout. I walked out of there feeling very good.

I have to get home, take a look at my body just before the shower to remind myself how much I dislike my naked body right now. :P I know...sorry for the gross images burned into your minds, but I'm just sayin'. It was just 18 months ago that I was the lowest weight I'd been as a runner, fit, fast and (while most, if not all, non-runners would say I was too skinny) pretty happy with how I looked. I had gotten all the way down to 147 lbs, and for 5'11"-6'00", that's not too bad. Right now...well... add about 25 lbs to that. YIKES!! What's funny is that most of my non-running friends, think I still look "skinny". Oh well.

I'm not saying I need to get down to 150 or lower to be happy, but I do want to get myself back around 160 lbs. And if I'm there, and I have the fitness that comes along with weight work, even at 36 years old, I hope to feel ok running with no shirt on come Spring and Summer time. Right now, that shirt is staying on, I don't care if I was running in 100 degree weather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment