Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cautious Optimism

So, I said I would wait till next weekend to run, but I decided on Monday night to get another 30 minutes in...or 4-miles. Saturday's run, oddly enough, was exactly 6-months out from Chicago...April 9. Not sure why, but I liked that. Monday, I got out and ran pretty decent. I don't wear a Garmin, but know my mileage points along my 4-mile out and back route. I hit mile one in 7:35, then 7:05 and hung around there, to complete 4-miles in just under 29 minutes, so I added on a little bit and finished up at 31:00. I stretched, rolled with The Stick, and just felt pretty good about the whole endeavor. I haven't made it back into my massage therapy, but need to schedule that for this or next week. It seemed to be the right thing, so I can't let that go to the side. Anyway, 8-miles done so far this week, and thinking of 4-more tonight. Just a side-note, despite looking at my watch and timing my miles, I am in NO WAY pushing anything during my run. As a matter of fact, i think I'd have been happier to stay near 7:30 pace, but I just ran how I felt. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment