Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4/26/11 - Off Day

Yesterday was indeed an off-day. I woke up with my left calf a little on the tight side. I suspected I might have over-done it the day before, as I did the 7-miles (which was fine), but to hit two miles sub-7 was a little much. It didn't take any cardio effort, but was probably more "strain" than my leg should have taken.

I took the day off from working out/running, but will resume this afternoon. I'll hit the road for a run (4.5-7, and plan on a gym visit after for some stationary bike time, core and upper body).

All I need to do at this point in the game is keep enough fitness and positive mental vibes before beginning Chicago training. Each time I run, I'm fast-forwarding in my head to when I can hammer out a 20-miler, do a 10-mile tempo run, a 9-mile progressive run, 30-30s at the park, 60-60s through River Oaks, etc.

All in all, the idea of Chicago training is really getting my heart-rate up and getting my competitive juices flowing. I just hope and pray that it is in the grand scheme of things that I can survive training and run this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment