Monday, April 18, 2011

Changing Tides

On a few folks' recommendation, I looked into some new shoes, as I embark on my endeavor to get my calves and legs healthy and ready for some training. On Sunday, I ventured into Luke's Locker to see what kinda recommendation on a shoe I could get. I have alternated between being told I pronate heavily and need stability control, to being told I can go with neutral shoes. I was beginning to think that my neutral shoes were to blame for my injuries, and to a degree they were. But it seems it wasn't the lack of stability control, but quite possibly (and I stress the word POSSIBLY) the brand. I got into my first pair of Mizuno's in early May of last year, and was sidelined with Achilles issues a month later. After much attempts at healing and some time off, I ramped up mileage again, and got into another pair of Mizuno's in December, and was again sidelined after mid-January. I'm not sure if that was the cause, but.... So, yesterday I purchased a pair of Asics Gel Starspeeds. They are light, neutral trainers. After two 30-minute runs (one yesterday afternoon and one this AM), I'm sold. They shoe felt good, light and just what the doctor ordered. The best part of my run yesterday, was my little girl running a mile with me. She has no idea of her talent and potential...she ran and conversed with me the entire mile, but said she was spent at the end of that mile. She just looks so natural for an 8-year old. We'll see what comes for her. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment