Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/12/11 PM Workout, Tempo Run - 9.4 Miles Total

4 Mile Tempo Run
5:37, 5:40, 5:49, 5:44

3.3-ish miles warm up @ 24:42
2.1-ish miles cool down @ 15:24

I actually missed my first mile, but hit my watch @ 2 miles for 11:17. I definitely fell off late in the workout, but it was good, nonetheless. My goal going in was to extend it from last week by a mile and get all miles under 5:50, which I succeeded at. Even though they splits were kinda all over, doing those 2 things made this a successful run.

Next week, it will be up in the air as to whether I will just try to do another 4-miles but this time even, or if I'll try to do 5-miles @ this pace again. I'm leaning towards being steady. While it was successful, it left a lot to be desired at the effort I had to put forth to get that last mile in. I literally fooled myself into it...just said that I'd stop once I dropped below 5:44 pace... but I was even all 4 qtrs of this mile...1:26, 2:52, 4:18 for each qtr. I was amazed, but each time, just said "OK, another 400m." Fortunately, I got through that last mile.

My radar has gone to two race right now...Bayou City and Angie's Half Crazy Half Marathon. I'm a little disappointed to know that AHCHM has moved to 2 weeks after Bayou City. I was looking forward to an April run and had my goal set with that time-frame in mind. In the next few days I'll look at that race and work backwards on scheduling workouts and mileage.

That's it for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam,

    I've been reading your blog for a while and just started following you.

    Just wanted to say your posts are very motivating and I'm glad to see the achilles is finally coming around.

    I definitely think you have the mindset and work ethic to not only run in the trials but to definitely accomplish what I know you're ultimate goal is.

    Goodluck to you and I'm looking forward to keeping up with your running.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark for the encouraging words. I appreciate it. I'll have to go and check out your blog as well.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete