Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1/5/11 Workout, 8.5 Miles Total - Updates

Well, I've run each of the first few days of the New Year, but just haven't had a chance to update the blog. I've started keeping a written log of my running for this year, so I'll use that to go back and update when I can. For now, I'll just post this latest highlight for me...

8.5 Mile Run
3-mile Tempo run in middle
5:53, 5:50, 5:50

I initially thought I'd stick with 6-minute pace, but when I got a half mile into the run @ 2:56, and it didn't feel DIRE, I felt pretty encouraged and just decided I'd see how long I could hold that pace. Turned out good, and I was proud of feeling like I was able to maintain the effort for those 3 miles so steadily. I expected the 3rd mile to feel like more effort, but it really wasn't. Although once done, I was definitely done. Good stuff. No negative after effects on the Achilles, so I'm very encouraged.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see things are going well. You going to be out there Saturday morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i should be out there. And I'll even make it a point to be on-time. :P

    ReplyDelete