Saturday, January 15, 2011

1/15/11 - Kenyan Way Long run - 16 Miles

16 Miles
1:48:45
6:48 avg

Great feeling run. I started w/the group, but just gradually started to pick up the pace after only about a mile or two. It wasn't that I was trying to push it, but I just didn't feel like the pace was where I'd like to cruise at. First mile in 7:30-7:40, 2nd around 7:15, and I was just ready to go.

My only real timed miles came about 11 miles in when we finally hit the park, and I was able to reel off a 6:31, 6:22, 6:26 loop of Memorial then headed back to base down Blossom.

If I did one thing wrong today, I didn't stretch after like I should have. My right upper hamstring and glute are a little sore here 3 hours after my run. I will take the time to loosen up and stretch later to work out some of this.

All in all, a great run.

No comments:

Post a Comment