Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/18/11 AM Easy Run, 7.1 Miles

7.1 Miles
50:55
7:10 avg

Nice run this morning. Got out the door @ 6am, although was hoping for about 5:45. Down Blossom, loop of the park and back. Ran into Sean and Luis about to hit the Memorial loop for 6 Tempo miles @ about 5:25 I'm sure.

Light mist for the 2nd half of the run felt great.

I had been concerned about some knee swelling the last couple of days, but thankfully, it seems to have gone down some today. It was definitely less stiff and was less prominant early and after the run. I still feel tension when I tried to squat all the way down, so there is still fluid or swelling, but it's much less than Sunday and yesterday. Hopefully it's gone within the next day or two.

No PM run today. As much as I'd like to get out for more mileage, right now is still time to be patient and smart. Not that there is a time when NOT to be smart about training, but patience and steadiness to what I set out to do are paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment