Saturday, February 11, 2012

2/11/12 "Long Run"

7.1 Miles
52:16
So I decided to see if I could "stretch" out my running time a little. Last week I ran just around 6 miles, and even threw one of those runs in mid-week as well. So, keeping with the idea of increasing the long run by only a mile a week, I wanted to get 7 miles in.
Unfortunately, the run was a little more "eventful" than I cared for. About 15 minutes into the run, I felt some soleus tightness again...I kept going until about 20 minutes and I had to stop briefly. I got off my feet, sitting on the curb and doing a little rubbing and stretching until the tension had subsided.

I probably sat there for about 4 minutes...once I got going, though, the effort was good and I had no further issues. What I think I'm discovering is that my body is requiring something it never required before for an easy run...real "warmup". Even though it's different, it's an adjustment I need to make, and one I need to keep in mind as I think about doing longer runs and races.

No comments:

Post a Comment