Saturday, February 25, 2012

2/25/12 "Long" Run

6 miles on 2/22
5 miles on 2/24

9-ish Miles
1:07:30

I'm pretty darn excited about the fact that I ran for over an hour today. Was not a 100% comfortable run, but overall a good result.

Went easy to begin, but felt slow and sluggish.
About 10 minutes in until 30 minutes in, I felt some slight knee twinges. What's weird about it is that I could feel the presence while running, but only became discomfort when I was stopped and stretching while getting water or waiting for traffic. It's clear that the feeling in the knee was tied to my calf tightness, as when I stretched my calf, the discomfort in the knee area magnified.
By the 2nd half of the run, the feeling was gone. When I stopped for water with 2 miles left to run, I felt zero discomfort, and had no issues finishing the run, or in post-run stretching.

The added weight and lack of fitness is getting a little frustrating. I can't describe the feeling as anything other than sluggish...not like tired/sluggish. It's more like slow/sluggish. I'm feeling ridiculously average as I run. I just have to keep reminding myself of the amount of time I took off and how much weight I allowed myself to gain.

And more importantly, that all things will take time.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment