Sunday, March 18, 2012

3/15-3/18 Updates

Thursday - 3/15
No Run

Friday - 3/16
Easy 32 minute run

Ran w/my daughter biking next to me through Pearland. Great time out...she enjoyed, and I loved it. She told me that it was fun for her...even asking me if I thought she'd be good "that that thing we watched last year, where people had to swim, then ride a bike, then run." She's too much sometimes. :-)

Saturday - 3/17
12.4 Miles
1:29:30
7:13 avg pace

I will completely take that pace right now. Running heavy, and still not feeling in shape, a 7:13 pace run for 12 miles is just fine by me. :-) I started out feeling pretty good, as I headed from the Kenyan Way base area towards the park. I looped the parke and came back. At that point, I was feeling a little tired, and didn't feel all that confident that I'd complete the run feeling any good. But once I got going through the bayou area, I felt better, till I got about a mile and a half from the end of the run. I struggled there towards the end, but felt really, really good to finish the run feeling good.

Sunday - 3/18
No run

I felt kinda weird today, so I figured I'd be best to take the day off. I spent the day yesterday after the run working on school work, then gardening with my daughter. So, my legs were a little sore and just felt some weird things that I figured an extra day of rest would help. I'll be ready to get back to it tomorrow, though. Feeling a big confidence boost this week and ready to start picking up the intensity juuuuuuust a smidge. See how the body handles it.

No comments:

Post a Comment