Saturday, March 24, 2012

3/24/12 Kenyan Way Long Run

12.5-13 miles
1:33:00

Gmap says I did about 12.6 miles, as I did our route plus an additional mile at the beginning of the run. That gives me a 7:23 pace... gladly take that...especially with how I felt at the end of the run. I was pushing it early. I got out to base...a place I hadn't been in a long time, and started out with the sub-3 hour group, knowing it was only a matter of time before I was looking at their backs. I was pretty pleased to have gotten to the water stop 7.5 miles into the route (8.5 miles into my run) and still be with them. From there on, though, it was tough sledding. I dropped probably almost a minute behind them in the next 2 miles, so I made a quick stop for water with them and took off ahead of them. It took them roughly 3/4 mile for them to catch me and pass me by. I labored my way back to base, but seriously, I felt awesome getting back out there with them. I also felt really good having kept up with them for as long as I did.

It's a long road back, but I feel like I'm making progress. Good running day, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment