Wednesday, July 14, 2010

7/14/10 - Lunch Run - 6 Miles

6 Miles out and back
20:40 out
20:10 back

With no Garmin, I'm only estimating distances. Ran from home to the 3-mile mark just before getting to the tennis center. Ran 13:48 to the Crestwood water fountain (2-miles), then about 6:52-ish when I turned and headed back.

The run didn't happen on purpose, really. After a late night and not getting in till about midnight, I opted for sleep over running before work. As I headed home to eat for lunch, I had two discussions with folks about running, so when I got home I just headed upstairs and changed quickly and hit the road before I could think twice about it. I just felt the need to Run Like An Animal....yes I'm excited about my upcoming purchase, which should be tomorrow, of my new Pearl Izumi SyncroFuels. They sure felt great in the store and taking a few quick strides up the sidewalk. Guess we'll see how they feel.

Anyway, the run culminated without issue, and I felt pretty good for having run well in pretty rough heat. Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment