Monday, July 26, 2010

Concluding a tough week of Running

Last week was a combo type of feeling... on the one hand, I was on vacation, had my daughter, and just felt great about that.

On the other hand, I had a pretty crummy running week.

After a successful Saturday long run, Sunday was decent and Monday was good, but hot, as I ran late morning.

Tuesday, did a progressive run with Sean, Luis, Bill and RJ. I went in highly nervous, as not having done a workout in a long while, and not being sure how all things Achilles would hold up. During the workout was good, and even during cool down. I made it half way through the 5:30/5:25 mile, and had to throw in the towel. With cool down, got 9 miles in for the day.

I struggled the rest of the week, as the Achilles was just beaten up, I guess. In talking with Sean, there are some things I need to do differently, as what I have been doing just hasn't been doing the trick. So, with that, I started this week.

6.5 miles this AM...felt decent, but not great. Still, it was a start. Looking forward to a few more miles this evening, in the heat and humidity again. Time to start trimming down as well. I got all the way down to about 147-148 lbs...the lightest I'd been since probably Jr High or early HS. Now, I'm back up to 155. Those 7-8 lbs lighter would definitely lighten the load on the Achilles. Gotta be more careful and more conscious of what I'm putting in my body, as well as the volume I'm putting in.

Alright...back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment