Tuesday, July 6, 2010

7/6/10 PM Easy Run, 7.35 Miles, 12.6 Miles for the Day

7.35 Miles
49:35

A successful run of one of my usual routes from my place, to and around the park and back. Felt great. I was probably...no make that definitely...running faster than I should have for much of the run, but I just went with what I was feeling. Got to the park and just cruised around...felt great.

After 5 miles, my Achilles began to make its presence known, as I began to ease up on the pace. As I got further down Memorial towards my place, it became more prominent. After crossing Shepherd, I saw Jon Warren down there, as his group did their workout along the bayou. I stopped and chatted with him for about 3-4 minutes. When I got running again, for the final 3/4-mile to my place, the Achilles pain was pretty much gone, as I cruised on into my place. He did invite me to join them any Tuesday to do the workout. Looked like an awesome course they had set up as they ran along the bayou. I just may do that in a couple of weeks, as my leg gets stronger and more "reliable", so to speak.

Overall, great day of running. I won't jump to conclusions and say "I'm back." That's evident by the pain I felt that got up to probably a 7-8 on the pain meter for about a mile and a half. But I'm encouraged by the way it subsided after a brief break. I liked that a lot. Both the left and right got a dose of ice as I watched some TV and ate my dinner. Going to get after it again in the morning and afternoon tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment