Saturday, July 3, 2010

7/3/10 Kenyan Way "Long" Run, Approx 9 Miles

1-hour run

Did a portion of the route with the Kenyan Way, in to downtown, around Minute Maid Park and back to base. Added 1-mile loop and called it a day. Might have been the best thing, as the Achilles is still not 100%. I had planned on 14-miles, but opted to cut it short while it was feeling good still.

The strange part was that during the first couple of miles, it was aching the whole time until we got to the first water stop, about 2-3 miles in. After that, ran a much faster pace that felt good on the legs, but took its toll on me, fitness-wise. I'm not quite in shape to have run the way I did for a long run, but it was promising as far as my injury goes.

2 comments:

  1. one thing that 'frank' told me is that 98% of the time injury occurs in the morning, as everything is 'dried' out from no hydration during the sleeping hours. could be why it hurts sometimes early on. i am going to be careful to hydrate really well in the mornings before any run or even stretching. just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably good to hydrate later in the evening. my indication of how good a job i did was how badly i needed to pee either when i first awoke, or better, if i woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning having to go badly. Now that you mention that, I realize I haven't had that happen for a while, so my evening hydration must be lacking. Hmmm.... good thought.

    ReplyDelete