Friday, July 16, 2010

7/16/10 AM Easy Run, 7.35 Miles

7.35 Miles
53:28
7:16 avg

Just an easy loop from house to and around the park and back. This was a strange run...I didn't run on Thursday, as I should have done in the morning. Time just didn't work out for it, BUT I did make it to the store to get my new Pearl Izumi SyncroFuel trainers, so this morning was the maiden voyage. They performed well, and I feel good about the purchase.

The Achilles, however, did not respond well to 36 hours of no running, from Wednesday afternoon's 7 miles through this morning. They were both stiff when I got out of bed, all the way through getting out the door. That concerned me, and was rough for the run to the park. I was running pretty gingerly until I got about half a mile into the park. FINALLY, they both were loosening up and I was able to move a bit more fluid. I saw Coach Wade twice as I made my way along the path at Memorial. The final 2-miles were the easiest.

First 2 miles - 15:26 (7:43)
3 miles @ the park - 21:48 (7:16)
Final 2 miles - 14:03 (7:01)

No comments:

Post a Comment