Saturday, July 17, 2010

7/17/10 Kenyan Way Long Run, 15.15 Miles

15.15 Miles
1:42:54
6:47 avg
Miles this week - 65

I woke up a little late so missed departing with the group this morning, but that turned out to be a VERY good thing. There's a good chance that had that happened, I might have called it a day early. The first 3-3.5 miles were absolutely miserable. Nothing felt right, and it was very discouraging. I was glad to be running by myself here, knowing I'd have either been trying to run faster than I should have, or I'd have been bitchin' and moanin' the whole time, making it all worse. The change, though, seemed pretty sudden. In just a matter of a couple of minutes, the pain began to subside, and I was moving really well. Stopped at a water stop and chatted briefly w/Sean, then was on my way. The rest of the way, I felt awesome. Without a Garmin, I don't know the difference between the pace I started and the pace I ran from mile 4 on, but the difference had to be pretty significant.

I completed the first part of the route back to base, a little over 7.5 and thought about just getting the extra 2.5 in and then finishing off the mileage later that day, but with how good everything seemed to feel, I was lured by the desire to get my longest run in a month and a half (5/29-19.1 miles). It was an AWESOME feeling to get going and to feel how well everything moved heading down Blossom for a loop of the park. I know this is a lot to write about a run, but man it was just such a great feeling to get this all done and feel good about how it went.

If all goes well, next week, I'm shooting for a "full training" week. That means consistent two-a-days and throw in a couple of moderate workouts, ending with another long run next Saturday. We'll see how that all goes.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you're back at it. It's nice when injuries subside and you are able to train. Keep rockin you will achieve your goals!

    ReplyDelete