Thursday, August 5, 2010

8/5/10 - Another easy Run...3.8 miles

Down to Crestwood water fountain and back.
Out - 13:49
Back - 13:14
Total - 27:03

I felt like changing up my normal scenery a little, so rather than running on the undulating road that is Memorial to get to the park, I just headed up to Blossom to Crestwood, left to the water fountain at the corner of Crestwood and Memorial, then back the same route. It's about 1.85 miles to go that way, so roughly 3.8 miles.

The Achilles was definitely on it's better behavior today compared to what it had been over the last few weeks. I felt good heading down there and back. Still using Saturday as my reference point, it was good to get the whole run without this increasing pain that gets to a point where I have to stop. All in all, a good run.

I'll follow this up with a run on Saturday, Sunday and Monday before my next appointment. I'll be in Dallas Saturday all day and Sunday, so I need to be very disciplined to get my exercises done there.

Brick by brick, my friends. Brick by brick...

2 comments:

  1. every little step...

    cant wait to see what results from the next treatment. ive only heard good things about ART or whatever its called...so i hope you get the same results and FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the Achilles is behaving. I use the Garmin GPS watch when traveling, because you can run anywhere with it. You'll be in a good groove soon enough with your focus and discipline leading the way ;)

    ReplyDelete