Monday, August 9, 2010

8/9/10 - Easy Run...maybe overdid it Today

42:53 out and back
21:13 out
21:40 back

After several days of 3-4 miles of running, it was foolish of me to go about 6, even if at an easy pace. Headed up Blossom, down Crestwood to Memorial, then when I hit the park, the mile to the Tennis Center for water and stretching, then back along the same route.

Maybe I was trying to run too fast back. Perhaps, my desire to negative split the run got the better of me, but on the run back home, I definitely had to slow up down Blossom. The discomfort was there... was nearing the pain threshold. If I was running a longer run, it was enough that I'd have cut the run short. But, knowing I was nearing home and only had about a mile or so to go, I just toughed it out at a slower pace.

I tried not to be too disheartened by that, as I'd had several good running days here. Also, therapy on Tuesday afternoon. So, I'm trying to remain optimistic...especially when you put things in a particular perspective...like below...

1 comment:

  1. well you might not be Amy Winehouse, but you're still in 'Rehab' :o)

    Junie B

    ReplyDelete