Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6/30/10 PM Easy Run, 7.25 Miles, 11.85 Miles for the Day

7.25 Miles
51:30

Ran this afternoon with Geoff. I headed down Blossom and we met a little before getting to Crestwood, then looped the park and headed back. I didn't feel any discomfort until the last 2 miles. With about a mile left in the run, I probably could have stopped and not felt bad about anything. I was happy when the pain set in, knowing I'd already made 10-miles for the day. It wasn't too severe, but definitely hampered my ability to push off.

All in all, I feel good about the run. Because the mileage on the road has been going well this week, I called off the aqua jogging for tomorrow morning, opting instead to run again. I think I need to get more and more easy miles on the legs. As I sat and ate dinner, then watched some DVR'd stuff, I rubbed my Achilles. There is a knot/ball on my hurt Achilles that has been there for a while. I've just not given it much attention. The last 3 nights, I've been rubbing it and trying to work it out. All in all, I think it will continue to help. Feeling good about the week so far. We'll see how things go tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment