Tuesday, June 1, 2010

6/1/10 AM Workout, 7 Miles

7 Miles
50:13
3 mile w/u @ 21:46 (7:15)
Workout: 3xmile @ goal 5k pace, w/3-min rest
Actual splits
5:03, 5:01, 4:59
1-mile cool down @ 7:23

Got out this morning and ran the warmup w/James. We chatted some on running and such, then he continued on, while I got my flats on. Sean gave me instructions to shoot for my goal 5k pace for this weekend of 5-flat. I didn't have a ton of confidence, although it's not like my legs felt tired, or taxed or anything like that. I focused on being smooth with each one. The first one was very hard, for some reason. The 2nd, I out loud told myself it wasn't about hammering it, it was about being smooth. The 3rd one was fast, but I really tried to say even. I didn't, as I fell off. 1/4-mile 1:12, 1/2-mile 2:28, 3/4-mile 3:44, mile 4:59. didn't really stay even, but was happy to get one of them under 5:00. We'll see if I can put all 3 of those together withOUT the 3-minute rest in between.

Shuffled through a cool down mile, and headed home to get to work. More miles in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Dang dude you are working it. Wish I was ready to run the race with you, but you'll be alright.

    Regards,

    Bill

    ReplyDelete