Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/1/10 - No Running...EPAT

I gave my legs and Achilles a break in terms of running, but instead went for another session of EPAT this morning.

Definite progress in terms of how it felt this time. The therapy was definitely more bearable than last time. The first session, I thought my fingers were going to drive through the cushioning on the table, I was squeezing so hard as the level of pain and discomfort grew. This time, when the EPAT machine hit the injured area, I was able to handle it pretty well, and the pain just wasn't there anywhere near the same degree. Gooooood stuff.

Now, however, I have to worry about the right Achilles. If there is one side that seems to put a damper on a good run, it seems to be the right more than the left. The pains I feel seem different between the left and the right, but the injury seems to be about the same, as Dr. Leist has done some limited work on the right side. I think we'll get the left cleared up first, though, before he focuses on the other side. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment