Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20/10 AM Easy Run, 7.35 Miles

7.35 miles
55:24
7:32 avg pace

I took my run this morning out along my favorite route... my "old" morning route down Memorial, loop the park and back. It felt good to run that route again, as I decided not to do my usual route again till I could do it fully and not worry about stopping before making it home due to pain. Today was that day, and it felt great. After running late in the evening yesterday, it had been only 12 hours since my prior run, and there as a huge difference between how the Achilles' felt from the start. My first 2 miles were both 8-minute miles, in about 16:10-16:20. All moved well after that.

2 comments:

  1. you have some serious speed. fantastic!

    good luck with the qualifier!! i couldnt even imagine running a 3hr marathon let alone a 2hr 40 one. to take 22 mins off that is gonna be tough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ian. The way I see it, if the goal out there isn't big enough to make you do things differently than what you were doing before, then it's probably not a worth-while goal. I know it's not the most likely of goals, but it drives my running and is going to be fun to go for.

    ReplyDelete