Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5/11/11 - AM Easy Run

7.5+ Miles
59:15

Ran with a fellow KW'er, Susan, this AM. We took it pretty easy, as we started from KW base, headed down Blossom to MP for a loop then back. We kept it pretty easy, as is just what I needed after (1) a day off and (2) the soreness/tenderness on my last run on Monday.

This morning felt great, and I'm looking forward to an afternoon run with Lt. Dan! I'm not sure he'll appreciate me calling him that, but I'm going with it.

Susan and I talked briefly about my training for Chicago, goal times, etc, and it was a good feeling. I initially decided on this race with a specific purpose, and while that may have changed, it still represents a race I want to run well and post a kick @$$ time. Time and training will tell how much I'm able to kick. Right now, looking towards my training, I can say I have an awful lot of hope and encouragement from how things are feeling these days. I know right now, the days can't go by quick enough to get to the point of actually fully TRAINING, but when the training is happening, and Chicago looms closer, I will be thinking "Holy crap! I need another month!!!"

So, will the Trials happen? Some would say "DEFINITELY NOT!!!" My answer is "Most likely, not, but you just never know. Guess we'll see what happens between now and October." Why? Well, cause I'm a starry-eyed dreamer that way, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment