Saturday, May 21, 2011

5/21/11 - Kenyan Way Long Run, 14.5 Miles

14.5 Miles
1:38:51

All I know is I felt great this whole run. Started out easy, and w/no Garmin have no idea of the early pace, but I'm guessing the first two miles couldn't have been faster than 7:45-7:30. After that, however, slowly picked it up as we made our way around Rice and back through West U. Progress is starting to show.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After my run, did some coaching/reffing at my daughter's soccer game (she played awesome, handing out another assist on the season), then headed out to Ironman Texas out in the Woodlands. My little one and I got to see the first 10-11 men finish (awesome experience) and the top woman, then we made our way over to an aid station where a few people we knew were working. Unplanned, my daughter and I got to working and handing out ice to the runners as they passed Mile 7 and 16 along their way to becoming IRON. Actually, i think we were at 25 as well. Anyway, great day, as we stayed out there till roughly 7. Got back home exhausted but it was a great time. What an experience to help out on such a big event like that.

And Congratulations to all the people who did it, and those I knew who did it...John, Vic, Michael, Mark, Adam, Jessica...there might be more, but that's who I saw out there, or knew were doing it. Great job. RESPECT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment