Monday, May 16, 2011

5/16/11 AM Easy Run

7.1 Miles
50:30

I tell ya, I don't know if I have felt like I was putting more effort and getting less return than I did this morning. I got a couple of sub-7 minute miles in there, but it really felt like I was working hard. I didn't intend to work that hard on the run, but as I got to the park, and I felt like I was moving well, I hit one of my mile marks, looked down and it was 7:00 on the dot, and mentally, I just came apart. From then on, it was a struggle. I felt like my breathing was off and that I was pushing even when I wasn't.

I don't know, but it was just a strange feeling run. The ONLY thing I did different today was wear some new shoes. I got myself into a pair of Adidas Bostons. They felt good in the store, but I'm not 100% convinced they agreed with me. I am thinking of doing one more run in them, then I'll make a decision. After running in the Starspeeds from Asics, these felt really bulky, and honestly, a step in the direction of the style of shoe I'm trying to get away from. No disrespect to the shoes...they are lightweight and felt good when I put them on. But I think I've gotten my head around what I'm trying to do and the feel that I like, and these were not it once I got out on the road.

Sheesh...as I type this, I'm wondering why I need another day to decide. :-)

Anyway, so that's where we're at. I think tomorrow, however, I will be back in my Asics...at least until Thursday. Thursday morning will probably be my next try at the Adidas.

No comments:

Post a Comment