Monday, March 1, 2010

2/28/10 Easy Long Run

11.5 Miles
1:19:52
6:56 avg pace
7:36, 6:52, 6:50, 6:50, 6:49, 6:59, 6:46, 6:48, 7:00, 6:49, 7:04

I was about 8-8.5 miles in when my Achilles almost decided they were done... yes, both of them. Was a little frustrating, but also helped me really realize something that's been told to me by, who I will refer to as, my trainer/manager...and that is that I need to really focus on some weight training. What the pain told me was that if I continue with only moderate upper body work and leave the legs to only running, this is about the best runner I will be, I think. To be able to step up another level, and then another, and then another, it's time to get serious with a few other things.

2 comments:

  1. Manager? What are you thinking of going pro or something? You seem to rarely run, let alone race since the marathon. How much of a percentage do they get for your appearance fee to run a race? :o)

    But yeah, your 'manager' is right. And so are you about needing to get serious about other things to step it up.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refer to the manager just for fun...I'd go pro if I was...you know...fast. ha ha. The trainer/manager is someone I consider a valued source of input towards my improvement.

    I don't post as often as I run. And no, they go none of my negative appearance money (read, registration fees).

    ReplyDelete