Monday, March 29, 2010

3/29/10 PM Workout - 7.17 miles, 14.5 Miles for the Day

7.17 Miles Total
Workout: 20 minutes of 200 meters on the Cloverleaf, walk/jog in between, 5 min rest, hard mile
200m splits (uphill)
43, 42, 41, 40, 39, 41, 39, 40, 40, 40, 38, 39, 39, 36, 39, 40
Mile
5:09

Easy, easy warmup and cool down. Not having done a speed "workout" in a couple of weeks, wanted to make sure to take it easy to keep anything crazy from happening to the legs. It helped that the whole workout was on grass, I'm sure. I was happy that my 200m splits were all pretty even, but as you can see with 3 to go, I was trying to put the hammer down a little, and the legs just did not respond.

The mile started out really feeling pretty crummy, but turned around about a quarter mile in. With about a quarter to go, my Garmin had me @ 5:14 pace. Then came the 200m of downhill followed by running flat... Felt good to get that kinda running in. Legs are whipped though. Getting a 4th straight 14 mile day in will be tough, but I'm definitely taking it easy tomorrow.

After today's workout, I think I've decided not to run the 4 the Park 4-Miler. It just may be a bit too taxing on the legs with my week's training plans. However, I may drive in to support it and just chill out for a bit. I'll be in town for a long run anyway, so why not drop by, right? Ideally, I'd like to get 10 good mileage days and then 4 good light days in before the Trolley Run. We'll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment