Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3/9/10 Work Out - 7 Miles

Workout:
30-30's for 3 miles, hitting first 2 @ 10:00
1/2-mile Hard
Actual: Not so much
1/2-mile - 2:21
3-Mile Warmup, half-mile cool down

Sean and Lou were going to hit 2 miles in 10-minutes. Bill's original goal was to hang on for 2 miles, and I was just going to go as long as I could. I stayed right with them for a mile, but as we turned and were heading down the side on Memorial, I was falling back...just couldn't keep shifting gears to get to that speed. I saw at 1.5 miles Bill pulled up. I had kept going, even though at a slower pace. I made it just beyond 2 miles... close to a quarter mile before I gave in and slowed to a jog. I coasted till half a mile to go and then ran the last half @ 5:30 pace.

The 800 felt pretty good, although I was suffering over the last quarter. I was able to hold form and run pretty strong to the finish.

All in all a good workout, no lingering pains or soreness. I didn't get to do the stretching I probably needed, as I needed to get to work, but will definitely get a lot of stretching in after this afternoon's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment