Friday, March 12, 2010

3/12/10 - Pre-Race Day Advice

On trainer's advice, I'll be opting for an early afternoon easy run and some striders to help loosen up the legs, as opposed to the original plan, which was for an easy run early in the morning to put as much time between the last run and performance time.

Felt good to get the extra hour of sleep this morning. Legs feeling springy to start the day...we'll see how it all goes this afternoon and tomorrow morning. I find myself looking forward to tomorrow's run, and while I would love a PR and feel I'm in shape to run a better time than I did at the Turkey Trot, my approach will definitely be a little different.

I have a specific race plan and have been given some good input on how to approach the race to get the most out of it and myself and the race. We'll see how it all shapes up. Speaking of...I guess I need to go out and register for the darn thing at some point today.

No comments:

Post a Comment