Monday, March 15, 2010

3/15/10 - PM Easy 4.2 Miles, 11.6 Miles for the Day

4.2 Miles

Garmin data at home.

Short look of the bayou down to Sabine, and back over the Waugh bridge and back home. Didn't go all the way to Shephard. Good miles, good run. The legs were definitely still feeling, for some reason, the effort from Saturday. I'm thinking I didn't do all I could on Saturday after the run and on Sunday to recover the legs...foods, stretching, rest, etc. You always know those things are important, but their importance sometimes doesn't really show fully till they are not done. Note taken. Ugh!

----------------------------------------------------

Short-term Goal Race is a week earlier than I thought, being the first weekend in April...I think it's called America's Race...a Half-Marathon that starts outside Cowboys Stadium, goes through Arlington and finishes on the field. The description doesn't necessarily make it sound like a fast course, so I'll have to take a little time to attempt to drive it the day before. The only downside to the run is that it's a weekend I don't have my daughter, and I know how she loves to got to Arlington to see her cousins, her Tia and her Tio. That's okay though. Will give me a chance to not do TOO much aside from race, and not have to worry about where she is, or anything like that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam if you haven't signed up for America's run yet hear is a discount code. AMRCowboys2010
    Good luck and have fun.

    Stew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stew,

    Thanks man. I'll use that. I'm really excited about the idea of this run. Being a Cowboys fan, I'm really looking forward to running onto the field and seeing it from the inside.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete