Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3/30/10 - No PM Run & Some 8k and PR Edits

So, my afternoon didn't go quite as planned by being @ work till 6pm. That pushed my run out of the way, as I had a class @ 7pm, then had to scoot down to Clear Lake for a Coach's meeting for my daughter's soccer and get there before 8:45...I got there @ 8:35. WHEW! Got back on the road by 8:55, and rushed back into town to run an errand. Now, back at my place and relaxing at 10. Yay me!

Also, I was looking over my PR's on the right hand side, and noticed that I didn't update one that I didn't realize I'd set. During the 8k, I crossed 4-miles in 21:14..."shattering" my existing 4-mile PR by a mere 23 seconds. Then I realized I never posted my splits for the race, but that's partly to do with the mis-marking of the course. Here's how they shaped up by their measurements:
1 - 4:58 - wrong
2 - 9:49 (4:51) - also wrong
3 - 15:47 (5:57) - correct for total time, wrong on the split because of 1 & 2
5k - 16:17
4 - 21:14 (5:26) - I think this is right
8k? - 26:44 (5:29) - I got so many reports that the course was long, but for it having been the same for God-knows-how-long, I figure it's right.

Extend that out to a 5th mile, and probably add about 9-10 seconds to the time? Maybe less. Not sure. All I know is that I ran a time I'm happy with, and feel even happier to know I PR'd for 4-miles. I guess if I DID run the Memorial Park run this weekend, I may have another shot at a PR? Who knows. I think I'm going to train through, not race, and just see what I can do for the Trolley Run.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on awesome race. The differences between my split times were similar (but much slower). I also think 1/2M, 1M, and 2M were off, but 3M, 5K, 4M, and 8K were accurate.My calculator shows a 26:44 8K scales out to a 26:53 5M. Good luck at Bellaire.

    ReplyDelete