Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3/17/10 PM Easy 8.2 Miles, 11.5 Miles Total for the Day

8.2 Miles

Garmin data not yet loaded

I enjoyed being able to run in day light most of this run, even though I got started late. Just took it easy to Memorial and a loop of there and back. Felt pretty good most of the way through, but the Achilles were aching a little by the end of this run...about the last mile or mile and a half.

Two things...I need to get to Tri-OTR on Memorial to get me some heel lifts/supports, and I seriously need to elongate my stretching process, and make sure NOT to miss this process ever. Makes me nervous, as hitting 12 miles/day is still shy of what I aim to get to. If this is how my legs are feeling after just this, I'm in trouble. But, we'll see how it all goes as things progress, the additional strength training I'm adding, and my body adjusts. I'm anxious to get some speed work in, but the way my legs have felt the last couple of days have left me a little less than confident that I could sustain it. I'll definitely need at least some moderate speed work before my Half Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment