Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3/30/10 AM Easy Run, 9.11 Miles

9.11 Miles
1:07:39
7:25 avg
8:18, 7:44, 7:22, 7:22, 7:16, 7:07, 7:10, 7:13, 7:16

It's good to see the splits that way, as I felt like I got to a point where I was "pushing", and I didn't want to do that AT ALL this morning. I eased up and made sure to take it easy, keep the stride relatively short, and just "shuffle" along. Looks like that happened somewhere around miles 6 and 7.

Legs felt good, just tired. Nothing for aches or pains this morning. The Achilles and calf took a little to loosen up, but once they were warm, all felt good. Lots of calf stretching after.

On a semi-related note, after the workout yesterday, during stretches and core, I realized that I'm getting more flexible right now. When I do the butterfly stretch (sitting, with bottoms of feet touching eachother and knees out), I can almost get my knees to the floor. When doing the hamstring stretch, I'm practically laying my stomach and chest on my thighs and knees. Kinda crazy. Maybe my muscles are getting too tired to resist. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment