Thursday, May 13, 2010

5/13/10 AM Workout, 6 Miles

6 Miles
40:39
6:46 avg
Workout - 12 mile run, w/7-miles @ 5:30 (Tempo)
Splits
5:44, 5:28, 5:41

I got 3 miles into this run, and I was toasted. Several times, I outloud told myself to relax...I was able to drop my shoulders, move my arms more relaxed, use only my legs, and reduce the amount of "total body" work I was putting forth, but it was no use. About 2.5 miles in, I was completely toasted. I made it through the 3rd mile, but I was not moving well. When I saw 5:41, I contemplated going for another mile, just to see if I could hold 5:40 pace. I got about 15 seconds into that, and just said "The heck with it." Jogged an 8:17 mile to cool down. Not sure if a day off is on the horizon or not for tomorrow. Might be just a morning run and no evening run, but the possibility is there for a day off. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. eh, just one of those days...

    just remember this: Always keep looking forward (in life and in running).

    There is a reason the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror.

    ReplyDelete