Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5/5/10 AM Workout/Race Prep, 9.5 Miles

9.5 Miles
1:06:57
7:03 avg
Workout - 4xhalf-mile on road @ goal race pace, 2 min rest in between
Actual - 2:27, 2:26, 2:29, 2:29

Workout felt good. The intention wasn't to blast it, hammer it, or push through anything... was to get my legs the feel for running fast with the 5k this weekend. Focused on staying relaxed, trying to keep my breathing steady, keeping my shoulders and arms loose. The last 2 felt really good, and I didn't feel at all like I was pushing. Hard to tell what it will feel like to do that for 3 miles, but we'll see.

I didn't get prepared like I should have for this, meaning, I ran to the park instead of driving, so I had my trainers on instead of my racers. Overall, the run felt good...no issues and no pains or discomforts.

Overall, feeling excited about racing this weekend. Haven't raced anything this short in 11 months.

1 comment: