Sunday, May 16, 2010

5/16/10 PM Easy Run, 7.35 Miles, 16.70 Miles for the Day

7.35 Miles
51:30
7:00 avg

I flirted earlier with the idea of getting all the miles in with my morning run, but wanted the benefits that come from 2 runs, so I cut it short with the idea of getting out later. I left my apt at 5pm, in what my Blackberry showed as 88 degree weather, 50% humidity. Wasn't too bad, in all honesty. I enjoyed a 2nd run, enjoyed the temps, and just enjoyed being out there for a totally different group of people as well.

Over this weekend, I'd say I saw several of Houston's big-hitters at some point. This morning, passed by Adam Davis and Cole Dailey, as they were headed towards the park, and I was headed back from the park. Saw and chatted with Bill this morning. Yesterday, ran most of my 20 with Luis. Of course, Sean is at based, starting our KW group. Seeing all those guys, and knowing more will be around for it, makes me really look forward to that Heights run coming up in just a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Good work I like the mileage you're doing and at a good clip as well. When I did 100 mile weeks in the fall I had a tough time with keeping it at 7:00 min/mile and would drop to 7:30's just due to heavy legs. Keep er going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. I don't think I've ever had more fun running than I am having now. And I'm truly happy with how my body has been able to handle the higher mileage.

    ReplyDelete