Saturday, May 22, 2010

5/22/10 Kenyan Way Long Run, 20 Miles

20 Miles
2:22:41
7:08 avg
95 Miles for the Week

I can't describe how nervous I was about this run. After the last 2 days, I was feeling pretty demoralized. I was crushed by the tempo on Thursday, then the Achilles (both) came apart at the end of yesterday's run...just not good mojo going into a 20-miler.

I did 3.2 early miles, then headed out on the route, which took us along Allen Parkway, then followed the trail to UH-Downtown, back up to street level, and around Minute Maid Park, then back to base along Memorial. Geoff, myself and Jenna ran together the whole time averaging about 7:15. I did an additional 8+ mile route to loop Memorial and back. While @ Memorial, I got 2-miles @ 13:41, then the 2-miles back to my place in 13:15. Those last 8 miles were by myself, as Jenna and Geoff only went down Blossom up to Shepherd with me.

This was exactly what I needed to get my head back on track. The run was relaxed and I didn't feel like I'd just run 20 miles. The legs felt pretty good and I was definitely in a positive state of mind...which I can't afford not to be with the length of this journey. I can't let myself get de-railed this early in the game.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Rolling is that feeling I hope to get moving down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete