Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5/18/10 AM Easy Run, 10.35 Miles

10.35 Miles
1:11:31
6:54 avg
35 Miles for the Week

Got out feeling pretty good. I was expecting, actually, to feel some residuals from yesterday's unplanned "moderate" effort in 8 miles @ 6:30 pace, but the legs felt good once I got going. Went through first 2 miles around 7:40 pace, but started to loosen up once I got into the park. Caught up to Dan Kahn about 4 miles into my run and ran w/him until about a mile and a half left in the run. I'd never talked with him before, so was cool getting to know another one of Houston's "elite", so to speak. Saturday ran with Luis. Today ran with Dan. I'm doing all I can to pick the brains of those here who run well and train well. Dan's run in the Olympic Trials before, when they were at NYC. I don't believe he was living in Houston at the time. He's been dealing with a lot of injuries the last couple of years, but said he's been feeling good to be injury free for the last 6 or 7 months. Quite likely another Houston runner who is targeting qualifying for the Trials. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment