Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5/25/10 AM - Took Morning Off

Tightness in the upper quad, Achilles discomfort and some strange feeling in my foot, all told me I may need to give 24 hours of rest, as opposed to around 12 hours, so no running today.

Just yesterday, I was thinking about a conversation w/coach about that feeling where your body is tired or just doesn't feel good, and how most will take that as an indication that you need the day off. In those first 50 days where I ran without taking a day off, I had a few of those days, but once I got out there, and got 10-15 minutes into my run, I felt so much better.

Then you have days like last night and today. I can't describe why I felt like I could tell the difference, but I think I could. There seems to be a distinct difference between the need for a day off, and the need to get out the door and just get through it. Today was one of those where I needed the downtime...at least skipping one run. All plans are to be out this afternoon, getting easy miles in.

Guess we'll see how it feels in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment